Adrian Downey CMC,JP
About Me.
Celebrants role.
What To Do.
Photo Gallery
Contact Adrian.

Obtaining Your Certificate


For ceremonies in New South Wales – As an online marriage celebrant with Births, Deaths and Marriages (NSW) I will register your marriage with NSW Births, Deaths and Marriages on the day of or the day after your wedding. You can download an application form or apply online for a NSW Births, Deaths & Marriages certificate here.

Along with the Standard Marriage Certificate, the Registry also offers a range of Commemorative Marriage Certificates. All Commemorative Marriage Certificate packages include a Standard Marriage Certificate. Commemorative marriage certificates do not contain security features and organisations may not accept them as a proof of identity document.

A Commemorative Marriage Certificate is the perfect way to remember your special day.

Commemorative Marriage Certificates


• Available in sixteen unique designs;

• Printed on archival quality paper;

• Standard framing size of 209mm x 295mm (A4 size);

• Beautifully presented, wrapped in acid-free tissue paper and packaged in a gold cylinder.









                                                     Urgent*  Non-urgent*

Standard Marriage Certificate             $85.00    $58.00

Commemorative Marriage Certificate  $111.00   $84.00


* All certificates are distributed through registered post (except Family History) and prices shown include a postage and handling fee. Registered post does not ensure next day delivery.


If you are purchasing a certificate for a recent marriage, or your celebrant has sent your marriage papers to the Registry in the last 15 days, select the 'Non-Urgent' processing option.


Apply online for a marriage that occurred in NSW. You can also apply for a NSW marriage certificate online from the Births, Deaths & Marriages NSW website here.


The following links may also be useful and contains some great information and name change kits. After the Wedding. and Next Step name and address change kits. If you live overseas as well as obtaining your registered Marriage certificate you will also need to obtain an Apostille stamp from the Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade, for the marriage documents to be recognised in your country of residence.


For further information please find the NSW Births, Deaths and Marriages website Here. Contact other States/Territories Births, Deaths & Marriages offices for information and application forms here.

NSW Celebrant  NSW Celebrant Instagram  nswcelebrant on Twitter    Guestbook    NSW Celebrant Linkedin